Debian & Ubuntu based Linux for ARM based single-board computers
Note: The Kobol Team has joined the Armbian team to be the official maintainer of Armbian build for mvebu SoC family. This way all efforts are consolidated into a single build platform to provide the best Operating System support for Helios4.
You can find pre-built Armbian images for Helios4 on our Download page or directly on Armbian website.
How to build an image or a kernel?¶
Supported build environment is Ubuntu Bionic 18.04 x64 (minimal iso image).
- guest inside a VirtualBox or other virtualization software,
- guest managed by Vagrant. This uses Virtualbox (as above) but does so in an easily repeatable way. Please check the Armbian with Vagrant README for a quick start HOWTO,
- inside a Docker, systemd-nspawn or other container environment (example),
- running natively on a dedicated PC or a server (not recommended),
- 20GB disk space or more and 2GB RAM or more available for the VM, container or native OS,
- superuser rights (configured
sudoor root access).
apt-get -y install git git clone https://github.com/armbian/build cd build ./compile.sh
Make sure that full path to the build script does not contain spaces.
You will be prompted with a selection menu for a build option, a board name, a kernel branch and an OS release. Please check the documentation for advanced options and additional customization.
Build process uses caching for the compilation and the debootstrap process, so consecutive runs with similar settings will be much faster.